Convent of Sant'Antonio and permanent archaeological exhibition |
portfolio_page-template-default,single,single-portfolio_page,postid-577,bridge-core-1.0.6,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,boxed,,qode_grid_1300,footer_responsive_adv,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-18.2,qode-theme-bridge,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-6.0.5,vc_responsive

Convent of Sant’Antonio
and permanent archaeological exhibition


Founded in 1515, for  long time it belonged to the Franciscan Order. Inside, the frescoes depicting the martyrdom of the Japanese Franciscan friars and Tertiaries and a Last Supper depicted by Giovanni and Girolamo Todisco from Abriola dating back to 1559, are particularly impressive. On the first floor a permanent archaeological exhibition preserves pottery and jewelry found in the area